With the fall season now underway, the City of Pittsfield’s Building Maintenance Department has begun the annual process of winterization at parks throughout the city.
The process includes both water and power shut-off at park facilities, which also includes bathrooms and water sprinklers, through the fall and winter season. Parks that currently have athletic programs underway will be winterized in November. These include Deming and Doyle.
A list of parks and timeline of the winterization work is below:
- North LL/Rotary Parks bathroom
- Common Bath
- Common Splash
- Park Square
- Durant Park
- Wahconah sprinkler
- Burbank (please note already closed but water shut off will be in October)
- Wild Acres
- Controy (will be a semi-close).
- Clapp (already closed due to construction).
- Springside (outside water spout for the garden off of upper North Street)
For more information about the winterization process at city park facilities, please call Building Maintenance at 499-9476.