Boards and Commissions
The City of Pittsfield welcomes citizen involvement in boards and commissions created to help advise, manage and make decisions regarding city services, programs and development. These boards and commissions advise the Mayor and the City Council on a variety of issues. Individuals are appointed by the Mayor and some are subject to the confirmation by the City Council. Committees meet on a monthly, quarterly or as needed basis.
To view members of any commission, please click on the Boards & Commissions Roster on the left side of this page.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in volunteering for a board or commission in the City of Pittsfield, please send a letter of interest and a copy of your resume to:
70 Allen Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
You may also email your resume and letter of interest to Catherine VanBramer, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions, please call the Mayor’s Office at (413) 499-9321.
- Mayor’s Office staff reviews the resume and letter of interest and determines if there is a vacancy on the desired board or commission.
- If no vacancy exists, the application is placed on file for future consideration.
- If a vacancy exists, the resume and letter of interest is reviewed with the chair of the board/commission and/or the appropriate staff person. The individual may also be asked to attend a future meeting to better confirm their interest in serving on a particular board/commission.
- Once this review is completed and there is a determination made to submit the individual’s name as an appointee, a letter of appointment is submitted to the City Council for their review and approval.
- If the appointment is approved by a majority of the City Council, the individual will then receive a letter of appointment from the City Clerk’s Office. Once received, the individual should visit the City Clerk’s Office to take an official oath of office and receive the necessary paperwork to be completed as a member of the municipal board/commission.
Commissions that are not associated with a specific City of Pittsfield department have their pages listed below.