The City Clerk is authorized by Massachusetts General Law to administer elections, supervise all aspects of election related procedures, and conduct election recounts. The City Clerk is a member of the Board of Registrars and oversees the Registrar of Voters’ office. The Registrar of Voters accepts and preserves voter registrations, conducts the annual city census, produces the annual street list, certifies signatures, processes absentee ballot applications, and maintains accurate voting lists.
|CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION STATUS|
Voters can find more information about their voting options
on Secretary Williams Francis Galvin’s website.
- Voter Registration Deadline:
- The deadline to register to vote or update/change your voter registration for the September 1, 2020 State Primary is Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 2-4 pm & 7-8 pm.
- Please navigate to the Registering to Vote page for more information.
- *New* Vote-by-Mail:
- Early Voting by mail:
- Application & information
- Completed Early Voting by mail applications for the September 1, 2020 State Primary must be successfully received by the Registrar of Voters office by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
- Early Voting in person:
- Location and hours for Early Voting in person for the September 1, 2020 State Primary are as follows:
- City Hall, 70 Allen Street, Council Chambers (2nd Floor), Pittsfield.
- Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Monday, August 24, 2020 - Friday, August 28, 2020 at 8:30 am - 4:00 pm