The City Clerk is authorized by Massachusetts General Law to administer elections, supervise all aspects of election related procedures, and conduct election recounts. The City Clerk is a member of the Board of Registrars and oversees the Registrar of Voters’ office. The Registrar of Voters accepts and preserves voter registrations, conducts the annual city census, produces the annual street list, certifies signatures, processes absentee ballot applications, and maintains accurate voting lists.
|CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION STATUS|
on Secretary Williams Francis Galvin’s website.
- Availability of Nomination Papers:
- Thinking of running for a local elected office? Nomination papers are available starting Friday, April 2, 2021. Offices on this year's municipal ballot will include: City Clerk, Councilor at Large (4), Ward Councilor (one from each of the City's 7 Wards), and School Committee (6). Nomination papers are available at the Registrar of Voter's Office located in Pittsfield City Hall, 70 Allen Street, Room 101, during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. For the full municipal election calendar, incliding signature requirements and filing deadlines, please visit the 2021 Municipal Election Schedule.
- Election Day Voting in person:
- Registered voters may vote at their Precinct polling location on election day.
- Voter Registration Deadline:
- The deadline to register to vote or update/change your voter registration.
- Please navigate to the Registering to Vote page for more information.