- Department of Veterans Affairs - Provides a wide range of benefits including, Disability, Education and Training, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, Home Loan Guaranty, Dependent and Survivor Benefits, Medical Treatment, Life Insurance and Burial Benefits.
- Elder Affairs - Promotes independence, empowerment, and well-being of older people, individuals with disabilities, and their families by access to the resources you need to live healthy in every community in the Commonwealth.
- Elder Services of Berkshire County, Inc. - Elder Services is a non-profit organization providing a wide variety of services to the elders of Berkshire County, Massachusetts and their families.
- Massachusetts Association of Councils on Aging- A nonprofit, membership association of the 350 municipal councils on aging and senior centers. Find your local Council on Aging as well as other programs and resources available in your area.
- National Institute on Aging - The NIA promotes healthy aging by conducting and supporting biomedical, social, and behavioral research and public education.
Medical Info and Health Insurance
- Mass Alzheimer Association - Your source for information, support and assistance on issues related to Alzheimer's disease.
- Massachusetts Prescription Information - State sponsored prescription drug program for seniors and people with disabilities. Prescription Advantage provides financial help to lower prescription drug costs.
- Medicare Outreach - Program designed to provide education and resources on how to address healthcare errors, fraud and abuse for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, family members, caregivers, and professionals.
- Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) - A program which offers integrated Medicare and Medicaid benefits and provides medical, social, and long-term care services to the frail elderly, in order to improve their quality of life and ensure that they have the professional support and care that they need, in order to remain in the community and in their homes for as long as possible.
- SHINE Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone - The SHINE program provides free, unbiased and up-to-date health insurance information, counseling and assistance to Medicare beneficiaries of all ages and their caregivers.
- Social Security Administration - Deliver Social Security services that meet the changing needs of the public.
Housing and Nutrition Programs
- Berkshire Community Action Council - The role of BCAC is to assist the low-income, elderly and working-poor of Berkshire County towards achieving sustainability and self-sufficiency.
- Berkshire Housing - Committed to developing and managing affordable and accessible housing options to qualified senior residents.
- Mass Housing Assistance Guide - This reference guide is for Massachusetts residents seeking information on housing for low and moderate income families and individuals.
- Pittsfield Housing Authority - Fair and equal housing opportunities for Pittsfield’s community.
- SNAP Food Stamps - SNAP provides a monthly benefit to buy nutritious foods for qualified individuals.
- AgingCare.com - Where caregivers discover that they are not alone, how to survive, and how to provide the care their loved ones need.
- Family Caregiving Alliance - The premier caregiver support organization for caregivers of adults with Alzheimer's disease, stroke, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson's disease, ALS and related brain disorders.
- Homecare On-Line - National Association for Home Care is committed in representing the interests of the home care and hospice community.
- Mass Home Care – A resource for Massachusetts eldercare information.
- Referral Address: Caregiver Survival Resources - A resource center created to help caregivers of the elderly and ill.
Reliable Senior Sites
- American Association of Retired Persons - Serves the needs of people age 50 and older through information and education, advocacy, and community services which are provided by a network of local chapters and experienced volunteers throughout the country.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Dedicated to improving the quality of legal services provided to people as they age and people with special needs.
- National Council on Aging - We bring together nonprofit organizations, businesses, and government to develop creative solutions that improve the lives of all older adults.
- Resources for Massachusetts Elders – To aid the elders of Massachusetts in finding the resources they need to maintain their independence and to improve their quality of life.
- Administration on Aging - To maximize the independence, well-being, and health of older adults, people with disabilities, and their families and caregivers.
- Disaster Preparedness for Seniors – Guide that covers the common types of emergencies that family and caregivers of seniors should be aware of, tips for helping the elderly evacuate when needed, and a handy checklist of items to have and bring with you in the event of an emergency.
- Mattress Help – Senior sleep guide which provides a variety of information and resources
- Senior's Guide to Computers - Designed to show you the ins and outs of personal computers using simplified terms, examples, pictures and videos described in easy-to-understand English.