This message is being sent to all contractors who regularly take out permits to excavate in the right of way in the city of Pittsfield.
The Department of Public Services and Utilities is establishing a NO-CUT period on all city roadways. During this period, new excavations for non-emergency situations on city roadways will not be allowed. The period will start November 18, 2019 and will end on March 12, 2020.
Furthermore, no plates shall be placed on roads during the no-cut period.
The Engineering Division consists of three employees: the City Engineer, the GIS Coordinator, and the Environmental Engineer. The Division is located at 100 North Street, Floor M, Pittsfield, MA. Engineering provides support to the Water Division, Wastewater Treatment Plant Division, Highway Division, as well as other City departments.
Typical duties of the Engineering Division include:
- Contract administration of City road construction, reconstruction and maintenance projects
- Processing permit applications for any construction or demolition work occurring within City right-of-way and/or involving public services & utilities (streets, sidewalks, water, sewer, storm drain)
- Document regulatory compliance for storm water runoff and the City’s landfills
- Maintain assessors, street and utility maps
- Maintain material and construction method standards and details
- Respond to citizen inquiries and concerns